5 Optimisations You Shouldn’t Ignore In Google Business Profile (GBP) ListingJanuary 11, 2024
How To Add A Product To Your Google Business Profile (GBP)January 18, 2024
Before you can start to create, edit, or update a post in GBP, ensure that you are logged into the Google Account associated with the email address used for Business Profile management.
1. Click on the ‘Menu’ that looks like a keypad for a mobile phone, as shown in the screenshot.
2. Click on the ‘Business’ icon.
Alternatively, you can search for your business name in the Google search bar. The merchant panel will appear prominently at the summit of the search results, positioned just above the organic results.
Create A New Post
3. To create a new post, click on ‘Add Update’.
The options available in your Merchant Panel depend on the categories assigned to your business. Therefore, what you observe might vary from that of another business in a distinct industry.
For example, a Thai restaurant’s Merchant Panel contains other features like menus and food ordering.
Your company’s Business Profile or Knowledge Panel is also visible on the right. You can generate posts or incorporate updates directly through your Business Profile. This includes various features, such as getting more reviews and uploading photos or videos.
4. Once you click ‘Add Update’, the menu will pop up for you to select the option of adding a post, offer, or event.
5. To create a new post, click ‘add update’ option. Make sure you add the description, select the ‘call-to-action button to add a link to your website, and add photos. You can click ‘preview’ to see how your post looks before clicking ‘post’ to publish it.
Edit A Post
6. You can scroll to the right to see your posts if you have multiple posts. Click on the post you would like to edit.
7. Select the icon with three dots to initiate the editing process.
8. A fresh window will appear identical to the one you use for uploading a new post. This grants you complete control over modifying every element of your post, encompassing the image, content, and the chosen type of call-to-action. You can also crop the image by clicking on the crop function. Click ‘publish’ to save your changes.
You can also crop the image by clicking on the crop function. Click ‘publish’ to save your changes.
If you need help optimising your Google Business Profile, you can engage our SEO service in Malaysia. Check out our article on optimising your GBP for local success and take note of the essential GBP optimisations you shouldn’t miss out on.
Other guides on Google Business Profile optimisation: